The Future of Service 2018: the benefits of customer journeys
Please note this article was published before OEE Consulting and gobeyond joined forces to become Gobeyond Partners.
220 delegates from across the service sector joined our fully booked conference on The Future of Service, held in the heart of London on 15th November. Guests represented organisations working in financial services, education, healthcare, travel, utilities, managed services and the public sector.
“Thought-provoking and engaging”
Hosted by Natasha Kaplinsky and with a keynote from The Undercover Economist Tim Harford, the day delved into the benefits we can all achieve through customer-centred transformation.
- Tim Harford explored how we overlook simple innovations that can have a profound impact, and why we need to implement significant organisational change to fully capture the benefits of new technology
- Julian Sawyer, COO of Starling Bank, explained how a keen focus on delivering an excellent experience lies at the heart of their success and how innovation is encouraged
- OEE Consulting’s Digital Strategist David Plumb discussed how incumbents are innovating and fighting back against disrupters, sharing his experience of incubators, innovation portfolios and digital growth strategies
- Lisa Burger, COO of Addison Lee Group, shared her experience as Head of Customer at EasyJet implementing a customer-centric culture, and building engagement across a large organisation
- An exercise led by OEE Consulting’s Learning and Development team encouraged interaction and shared experiences amongst guests as they designed an organisation that they would really want to do business with
A panel discussion closed the day, before further networking over drinks, and opened up a broader conversation on how to think differently about organisational change, innovation and customer experience.
“A really enjoyable, learning experience”
The conference made the business case for customer journeys. We think the benefits for those who succeed are transformational and range from increased profitability, faster growth, greater consistency, client retention and more engaged teams.
“High quality and relevant sessions with good level of interaction”
You can find out more about our approach to customer journeys at our one-day training courses or find out about some of our other events held through the Service Excellence Network.