The network in action
Meeting of minds
We take every opportunity to visit interesting projects that add a fresh perspective to the operations excellence debate, as we believe every meeting should be unique to maximise learning. Whilst we have no set agenda, atypical meeting consists of a site visit to an existing network member or external organisation. This is followed by interactive presentations, guest speakers and open discussion. Even the odd healthy debate. The meeting also provides the opportunity to combine latest thinking with real-life experience from members implementing their improvement initiatives.
Here’s what previous meetings have included:
Thought-provoking visits and guest speakers
- Chinooks and continuous improvement at RAF Odiham
- Service innovation from start-up Drivology
- Automotive as a service
Workshopping operations improvement
- Creating sustainable continuous improvement
- Implementing continuous improvement in a large field-based organisation
Knowledge sharing and skills building
- The science of persuasion
- The challenge of managing regulated sales and customers’ services
- Harnessing the Power of Resistance in Change
What happens after each meeting?
Following each quarterly meeting, findings are shared with the members. This includes detailed insights into the improvement journeys being undertaken by different organisations, shared research and publications, and themes to inspire more dedicated workshops.
To discuss Service Excellence Network membership and for details on future events visit our becoming a member page