This three day Design of Service Operations: Foundation course builds on the one day awareness course, using an immersive and competitive case study. Completion of this course and a successful pass will see candidates accredited to the Loughborough University Service Operating Model Skills (SOMS) framework. Over three days, this course will help delegates develop an understanding of how a well-designed operating model enables an organisation to deliver its service proposition in line with its business strategy. And critically, how this can help you deliver your key objectives, meet customer expectations and stay competitive in the face of changing demands.
Key course details
Course length: 3 day
Course times: 09:00–17:00
Number of places: Up to 12 delegates
Cost: £2,500.00(ex. VAT) per person
Who should attend?
- Those who lead change and improvement projects and have completed the one day DSO Awareness course. Typically: managers, senior managers and Heads of, across operations, customer service, and business functions such as HR and finance
What topics are covered?
Day 1: Understanding and investigating
- How to diagnose an issue with operating model design
- The relationship between service and customer experience
- How processes are set up to support objectives
- People, skills and organisation structure
Day 2: Crafting the architecture
- Designing the new operating model
- Designing our locations, functions and teams
- Designing our approach to people, culture and organisation
- Designing the supporting management framework
Day 3: Crafting the culture and implementing your design
- Understanding and influencing culture
- Pilot, scale up and embed phases
- Delivering effective presentations
- Accreditation and next steps
What are the key learning outcomes?
- Understand the principles of operating model diagnosis, design, implementation and maintenance
- Provides capability to use parametric assessment and design
- Be able to work on operating model projects with support
- An ability to coherently discuss operating model issues with stakeholders
- Understand the five phase approach for designing and implementing an operating model